Discussion:
The *REAL* Cost of eCS v1.2 (Mensys Prices)
(too old to reply)
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-22 00:56:08 UTC
Permalink
Here's what "The Boob" and his Mensys shill are selling eCS v1.2 for.
These prices are taken directly from Mensys. It 'appears" (but not made
clear) the purchase of the Upgrade application package will entitle the
buyer to participate in the beta testing of SVista. Upon reaching an
SVista GA, the buyer will be required to pay an additional $50 for the
single host SVista version. To run other two operating systems under
SVista you will have to pay an additional ($99 as well as purchase those
'other' operating systems). Ok, here we go:

Upgrading from eCS v1.1:

Upgrade eCS v1.2 from v1.1 - $ 59.00
Upgrade application package - $99
Subscription for v1.2 - $69
Subscription for application package - $69

Total cost to the eCS Luser who has already paid over $300 for the
combined Preview and eCS v1.0 and 1.1:

$296

Include the GA cost for SVista ($50): $346
Add the GA cost for multiple SVista platforms ($99): $445

Add in everything together - from Preview ($99) through eCS v1.0 ($149),
v1.1 ($300) and v1.2 ($445) and the whopping cost of eCS v1.2 is:

$1,438.00

This figure does not include shipping, handling and "stocking" fees.

If you are so stupid to pay this kind of money for a bastardized version
of Warp 4.52 then you truly are an eCS Luser.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
Bob St.John
2004-08-22 13:19:31 UTC
Permalink
This could have been a worthwhile exercise if someone did it properly.
However, "TM"'s example has the user buying some products two, or in the
case of SVISTA, three times, to inflate the total. And to help things
along in that direction ... "silly math" enters the picture.

The OS/2 Guy wrote:
<snip>
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Add in everything together - from Preview ($99) through eCS v1.0 ($149),
$1,438.00
First $99 + $149 + $300 + $445 = $993
Second, your selection of pricing is FUBAR

$139 for eComStation 1.0 (before GA, Preview was provided at no charge)
$89 for eComStation Upgrade Protection, provided 1.1 Entry and AppPack
$296 for 1.2, 1.2 Application Pack and Subscription Svcs for both
$524 total

Assuming someone could find and buy SWC for 2000=2001, 2002-2003,
2004-2005, that cost would be $540. eComStation is less expensive than
SWC over this period. Feel free to insert other prices, including the
new PA pricing.

eComStation pricing is comparable to IBM. But consider that the user who
puchased eComStation at 1.0 at $139 could have stopped there and still
received all the software that iBM made available on SWC and DDPak
online over the next five years at no additional cost.

That same $139 expenditure entitled the user to HOBLink ($200),
StarOffice, LotusSmart Suite ($180), a lot of other good software.

And, since the Application Pack 1.2 was included in "TM" pricing, keep
in mind that SSI provided OS/2 users with OpenOffice.org/2, not IBM. And
SVISTA/2, a virtual machine product which supports OS/2 as both host and
guest. When Connectix sold this product, it was over $200. Now .. it
doesn't exist.

It is inappropriate to bring the multi-platform into an eComStation
pricing because they are separate. However, if one wanted a Linux host,
VMWare has one for $199. Want a Windows host?, another $199. Want OS/2
support as a guest on those? Not available. Want OS/2 or FreeBSD hosts?
Not available. So, the SVISTA multi-platform, at GA, will be a special
value, but not part of eComStation.

But what if a user didn't want all those applications? Well, then the
pricing goes more like:

$139 for eComStation 1.0 ($239 after promotional pricing)
$89 for Upgrade Protection to 1.1 (optional)
$59 for the 1.2 upgrade (optional)
$69 for the Subscription service (optional)
$356 Total ($456 if 1.0 ordered after the promo price expired)

I indicate "optional" because users continued to get access to updates,
fixes, and drivers, even if they remained on 1.0. With SWC or PA, the
user must continually renew to have access.

The simple truth is that in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, eComStation
has provided a valuable set of options to OS/2 users ... that's a long
time and a consistent record of delivering product, delivering value,
protecting customer investment, and being responsive to users. That is a
public record, easy to see.

eComStation users continue to give it high marks, making it the OS/2
User Poll Commercial Product of the Year.

And SSI, with OpenOffice.org/2 and SVISTA, continues to invest in
solutions for OS/2 users. Options, choices, value ... sounds OK to me.

Again, "TM", thank you for a marketing moment.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-22 14:26:32 UTC
Permalink
Post by Bob St.John
This could have been a worthwhile exercise if someone did it properly.
However, "TM"'s example has the user buying some products two, or in the
case of SVISTA, three times, to inflate the total. And to help things
along in that direction ... "silly math" enters the picture.
<snip>
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Add in everything together - from Preview ($99) through eCS v1.0 ($149),
$1,438.00
First $99 + $149 + $300 + $445 = $993
Second, your selection of pricing is FUBAR
$139 for eComStation 1.0 (before GA, Preview was provided at no charge)
$89 for eComStation Upgrade Protection, provided 1.1 Entry and AppPack
$296 for 1.2, 1.2 Application Pack and Subscription Svcs for both $524
total
Assuming someone could find and buy SWC for 2000=2001, 2002-2003,
2004-2005, that cost would be $540. eComStation is less expensive than
SWC over this period. Feel free to insert other prices, including the
new PA pricing.
Stop the lies -- Once you buy SWC, the annual renewal was never as
expensive as you are claiming.

One would think that after you been publicly admonished for your lies
here, that you would grow up and act like a decent human after a time. --
You never do that. Its why you and your product are failure. Its also why
IBM got rid of you.
Post by Bob St.John
eComStation pricing is comparable to IBM. But consider that the user who
puchased eComStation at 1.0 at $139 could have stopped there and still
received all the software that iBM made available on SWC and DDPak
online over the next five years at no additional cost.
That same $139 expenditure entitled the user to HOBLink ($200),
StarOffice, LotusSmart Suite ($180), a lot of other good software.
And, since the Application Pack 1.2 was included in "TM" pricing, keep
in mind that SSI provided OS/2 users with OpenOffice.org/2, not IBM. And
SVISTA/2, a virtual machine product which supports OS/2 as both host and
guest. When Connectix sold this product, it was over $200. Now .. it
doesn't exist.
It is inappropriate to bring the multi-platform into an eComStation
pricing because they are separate. However, if one wanted a Linux host,
VMWare has one for $199. Want a Windows host?, another $199. Want OS/2
support as a guest on those? Not available. Want OS/2 or FreeBSD hosts?
Not available. So, the SVISTA multi-platform, at GA, will be a special
value, but not part of eComStation.
But what if a user didn't want all those applications? Well, then the
$139 for eComStation 1.0 ($239 after promotional pricing)
$89 for Upgrade Protection to 1.1 (optional)
$59 for the 1.2 upgrade (optional)
$69 for the Subscription service (optional)
$356 Total ($456 if 1.0 ordered after the promo price expired)
I indicate "optional" because users continued to get access to updates,
fixes, and drivers, even if they remained on 1.0. With SWC or PA, the
user must continually renew to have access.
The simple truth is that in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, eComStation
has provided a valuable set of options to OS/2 users ... that's a long
time and a consistent record of delivering product, delivering value,
protecting customer investment, and being responsive to users. That is a
public record, easy to see.
eComStation users continue to give it high marks, making it the OS/2
User Poll Commercial Product of the Year.
And SSI, with OpenOffice.org/2 and SVISTA, continues to invest in
solutions for OS/2 users. Options, choices, value ... sounds OK to me.
Again, "TM", thank you for a marketing moment.
Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
Bob St.John
2004-08-22 15:08:12 UTC
Permalink
Post by l***@nospam.net
Stop the lies -- Once you buy SWC, the annual renewal was never as
expensive as you are claiming.
No lie. Just the facts. In 2000, SWC was only available as a 2 year
subscription and the lower prices cited right here were around $180. And
the "renewal" was the same as the "purchase" price, around $180, some
folks paid more.

Now, with PA, a user can get an "after license agreement" for about
$155, and media for another $15 or so. That covers one year. Then the
renewal is about $55 .. so the two year price actually goes up unless a
user gets the option of only purchasing renewals.

These PA one year renewals are a recent additon, not available in 2000,
2001, 2002, and 2003 .. users who wanted access to the IBM software
through SWC paid about $180 for a two year SWC subscription. Look it up
if you need to ..

And all the user received was the same IBM software eComStation 1.0
users have had access to for five years now, at no additional cost. No
reason to "renew" and no reason to upgrade other than a desire to
acquire something in the upgrade. The faucet was not turned off, forcing
a renewal for access.
<snip>

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
Bob Eager
2004-08-22 21:45:26 UTC
Permalink
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:08:12 UTC, "Bob St.John"
<***@Augustmail.com> wrote:

(etc.)

Bob

I have eCS 1.1 with the AP.

I see the upgrade on the Mensys site; no problem there. But the AP
upgrade seems to be from 1.0 (at a price about twice that of the eCS 1.1
-> 1.2 uprade). I see no 1.1 -> 1.2 upgrade for the AP...

Can you explain, please?

(the 1.1->1.2 upgrade for MP is however only 1 euro...!)
Bob St.John
2004-08-22 22:27:10 UTC
Permalink
Post by Bob Eager
Bob
I have eCS 1.1 with the AP.
I see the upgrade on the Mensys site; no problem there. But the AP
upgrade seems to be from 1.0 (at a price about twice that of the eCS 1.1
-> 1.2 uprade). I see no 1.1 -> 1.2 upgrade for the AP...
Can you give me a URL? Something doesn't sound right ..

The info I'm giving you is from the pdf file which is available on
http://www.eComStation.com, all prices US dollars SRP.

The upgrade price from 1.0 or from Application Pack 1.1 are both $99US.

Consider that eComStation 1.0 had the "Application Pack 1.0" bundled
into the product; SmartSuite, HOBLink, Applause, the contents which were
unbundled in Application Pack 1.1. So the upgrade to Application Pack
1.2 would be from eComStation 1.0 or Application Pack 1.1.

The reason the price is the same is because the Application Pack 1.2
includes SVISTA/2 and OpenOffice.org/2, SmartSuite. Since both
eComStation 1.0 and Application Pack 1.1 users are licensed for Smart
Suite, the different content is the same for both groups, 1.0 and
Application Pack 1.1. .. so the price is the same.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
Bob Eager
2004-08-22 22:32:44 UTC
Permalink
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:27:10 UTC, "Bob St.John"
Post by Bob St.John
Can you give me a URL? Something doesn't sound right ..
<http://shop.mensys.nl/cgi-bin/db2www/mns_art2.d2w/report?catname=eComSt
ation>
Post by Bob St.John
The upgrade price from 1.0 or from Application Pack 1.1 are both $99US.
OK; Mensys just don't mention 1.1 at all as an upgrade starting point
for the AP. Unless I missed something.

And does the $1.00 for the 1.1->1.2 MP upgrade sound right?
Bob St.John
2004-08-22 23:01:09 UTC
Permalink
Post by Bob Eager
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:27:10 UTC, "Bob St.John"
Post by Bob St.John
Can you give me a URL? Something doesn't sound right ..
<http://shop.mensys.nl/cgi-bin/db2www/mns_art2.d2w/report?catname=eComStation>
Post by Bob St.John
The upgrade price from 1.0 or from Application Pack 1.1 are both $99US.
OK; Mensys just don't mention 1.1 at all as an upgrade starting point
for the AP. Unless I missed something.
Right .. I sent them an email but to be clear, the upgrade would be from
Application Pack 1.1 .. not eComStation (Entry) 1.1.
Post by Bob Eager
And does the $1.00 for the 1.1->1.2 MP upgrade sound right?
I'm not sure what that is, but the MP package was not upgraded with 1.2
.. it's essentially the same SMP from WSeb, not eComStation version
dependent.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-23 06:39:22 UTC
Permalink
Post by Bob St.John
Post by l***@nospam.net
Stop the lies -- Once you buy SWC, the annual renewal was never as
expensive as you are claiming.
No lie.
Yes it is booby. You give IBM retail prices -- when you know that SWC was
widely discounted -- yet for your own prouct you use the discounted prices
to make the comparison.

You're a slimeball snake oil salesman. Its why you have no ecs enterprise
cusomers. No one with a brain trusts you -- and you prove it all over
again every time you show up here with your deceitful behavior.
















Just the facts. In 2000, SWC was only available as a 2 year
Post by Bob St.John
subscription and the lower prices cited right here were around $180. And
the "renewal" was the same as the "purchase" price, around $180, some
folks paid more.
Now, with PA, a user can get an "after license agreement" for about
$155, and media for another $15 or so. That covers one year. Then the
renewal is about $55 .. so the two year price actually goes up unless a
user gets the option of only purchasing renewals.
These PA one year renewals are a recent additon, not available in 2000,
2001, 2002, and 2003 .. users who wanted access to the IBM software
through SWC paid about $180 for a two year SWC subscription. Look it up
if you need to ..
And all the user received was the same IBM software eComStation 1.0
users have had access to for five years now, at no additional cost. No
reason to "renew" and no reason to upgrade other than a desire to
acquire something in the upgrade. The faucet was not turned off, forcing
a renewal for access.
<snip>
Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
Bob St.John
2004-08-23 11:17:37 UTC
Permalink
Post by l***@nospam.net
Post by Bob St.John
Post by l***@nospam.net
Stop the lies -- Once you buy SWC, the annual renewal was never as
expensive as you are claiming.
No lie.
Yes it is booby. You give IBM retail prices -- when you know that SWC was
widely discounted -- yet for your own prouct you use the discounted prices
to make the comparison.<snip>
Just the opposite. Go to Google. I used $180 for IBM SWC because that is
the low range of the prices reported here, in these newsgroups. And I
used our SRP. So, the savings I cited are real world savings. Google
backs this up. Nice try, though.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-23 15:50:13 UTC
Permalink
Post by Bob St.John
Post by l***@nospam.net
Post by Bob St.John
Post by l***@nospam.net
Stop the lies -- Once you buy SWC, the annual renewal was never as
expensive as you are claiming.
No lie.
Yes it is booby. You give IBM retail prices -- when you know that SWC was
widely discounted -- yet for your own prouct you use the discounted prices
to make the comparison.<snip>
Just the opposite. Go to Google.
You are LYING, just like I said; At this time you can only buy SWC/PA
from IBM. In its early days it was widely discounted by resellers.
Thus, making your numbers -- and your ecs game here a lie.
Post by Bob St.John
I used $180 for IBM SWC because that is
the low range of the prices reported here, in these newsgroups. And I
used our SRP. So, the savings I cited are real world savings. Google
backs this up. Nice try, though.
Really? Give us a google URL backing up that the lowest reseller price
for SWC was $180.
Post by Bob St.John
Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
Bob St.John
2004-08-23 16:21:14 UTC
Permalink
***@nospam.net wrote:
<snip>
Post by l***@nospam.net
Really? Give us a google URL backing up that the lowest reseller price
for SWC was $180.
Read what I wrote: "I used $180 for IBM SWC because that is the low
range of the prices reported here, in these newsgroups."

Now .. *you* go to Google and prove that I'm lying. And before you start
with, "No, you go to Google .." I'll point out that you say I'm lying.
I'm not. A Google search will generate a range of postings with
prices. Some will be below $180 .. most will be above it.

That's the fact. That's the truth .. and denying it won't change it. And
since that is your MO, you really need to post something with meaningful
content. Your opinions and invectives fall short.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-23 16:33:13 UTC
Permalink
Post by Bob St.John
<snip>
Post by l***@nospam.net
Really? Give us a google URL backing up that the lowest reseller price
for SWC was $180.
Read what I wrote: "I used $180 for IBM SWC because that is the low
range of the prices reported here, in these newsgroups."
You're lying again booby -- where is the URL for the claim you just made?
Post by Bob St.John
Now .. *you* go to Google and prove that I'm lying. And before you start
with, "No, you go to Google .." I'll point out that you say I'm lying.
I'm not. A Google search will generate a range of postings with
prices. Some will be below $180 .. most will be above it.
That's the fact. That's the truth .. and denying it won't change it. And
since that is your MO, you really need to post something with meaningful
content. Your opinions and invectives fall short.
Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
USB Guy
2004-08-26 11:33:18 UTC
Permalink
***@nospam.net wrote:
[snip]
Post by l***@nospam.net
Post by Bob St.John
Post by l***@nospam.net
Really? Give us a google URL backing up that the lowest reseller price
for SWC was $180.
Read what I wrote: "I used $180 for IBM SWC because that is the low
range of the prices reported here, in these newsgroups."
You're lying again booby -- where is the URL for the claim you just made?
And where is your URL as proove for the claim that he is lying ?
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-26 12:17:51 UTC
Permalink
Post by USB Guy
[snip]
Post by l***@nospam.net
Post by Bob St.John
Post by l***@nospam.net
Really? Give us a google URL backing up that the lowest reseller price
for SWC was $180.
Read what I wrote: "I used $180 for IBM SWC because that is the low
range of the prices reported here, in these newsgroups."
You're lying again booby -- where is the URL for the claim you just made?
And where is your URL as proove for the claim that he is lying ?
Booby is the one who lied -- and you are trolling. SWC when it came out
was available from 3rd party resellers for much less then the IBM retail
price. You know, I know it, booby knows it -- he lied and you are too.
Now grow up, because you are looking stupid here.
Wolfi
2004-08-23 17:02:04 UTC
Permalink
What a really great relief, that Mozilla is now able to filter these FUD4
idiots, so that I'm not bothered anymore by their filthy lies :-D

Wolfi
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-23 17:17:18 UTC
Permalink
Post by Wolfi
What a really great relief, that Mozilla is now able to filter these FUD4
idiots, so that I'm not bothered anymore by their filthy lies :-D
Awwwwwwww. Be a sport and help bobby show us the google URL where he got
pricing he claims is true, this morning. After all, you wouldn't want
your leader to look like a liar -- would you?
Post by Wolfi
Wolfi
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-23 21:41:19 UTC
Permalink
Post by Wolfi
What a really great relief, that Mozilla is now able to filter these
FUD4 idiots, so that I'm not bothered anymore by their filthy lies :-D
And we thank you. By being unable to see our posts it gives us much
more of an advantage in revealing your stupidity. You have never been
known as very bright "Wolfi" and by sticking your head in the newsgroup
sand or slapping on your newsgroup blinders you enforce that basis of
our truths.

Keep up the good work "Wolfi" we look forward to wiping your butt up the
gutter (and you won't even know it)! BaaaaWAAAAA

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-22 12:14:13 UTC
Permalink
Post by Bob St.John
This could have been a worthwhile exercise if someone did it properly.
However, "TM"'s example has the user buying some products two, or in the
case of SVISTA, three times, to inflate the total. And to help things
along in that direction ... "silly math" enters the picture.
<snip>
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Add in everything together - from Preview ($99) through eCS v1.0
$1,438.00
First $99 + $149 + $300 + $445 = $993
Second, your selection of pricing is FUBAR
$139 for eComStation 1.0 (before GA, Preview was provided at no charge)
$89 for eComStation Upgrade Protection, provided 1.1 Entry and AppPack
$296 for 1.2, 1.2 Application Pack and Subscription Svcs for both
$524 total
THESE are prices YOU suggested, NOT what your distributors charged.
Let's remember here Boob, you don't sell eCS yourself. You leave it up
to your greedy distributors. Reminder: MOST of your distributors have
fled. You are now forced to sell eCS out of Canada (Troughton) and The
Netherlands (Klein).

Preview was NOT free. eCS v1.0 was NOT free.

Reminder: Those who bought eCS ended up with a problematic bastardized
version of OS/2 that *to this day* fails to work properly.
Post by Bob St.John
Assuming someone could find and buy SWC for 2000=2001, 2002-2003,
2004-2005, that cost would be $540. eComStation is less expensive than
SWC over this period. Feel free to insert other prices, including the
new PA pricing.
FUBAR. BALONEY. SWC was $125 and NOT available for the 2004-2005
subscription, Passport Express took it's place at just $62.50. Total
SWC cost: $302.50

Reminder: Those who bought SWC got a premier working operating system.
Post by Bob St.John
eComStation pricing is comparable to IBM. But consider that the user who
puchased eComStation at 1.0 at $139 could have stopped there and still
received all the software that iBM made available on SWC and DDPak
online over the next five years at no additional cost.
eComstation is no where near comparable to IBM. You sold just a handful
of eCS and of those who bought it found it failed for them. They moved
on to Microsoft and Linux. Cost of eCS v1.0 to the OS/2 community:
detrimental
Post by Bob St.John
That same $139 expenditure entitled the user to HOBLink ($200),
Which no one needs, wants or is using today.
Post by Bob St.John
StarOffice,
Freely available.

LotusSmart Suite ($180),

Which 99% of all OS/2 users already had/have.

a lot of other good software.

All available for free.

Total value of this deal: Zilch
Post by Bob St.John
And, since the Application Pack 1.2 was included in "TM" pricing, keep
in mind that SSI provided OS/2 users with OpenOffice.org/2,
Doesn't work, is quite useless, and can't/won't replace SS/2. Can be
purchased for a minial cost from Innotek.

Value: Zilch
Post by Bob St.John
not IBM. And
SVISTA/2, a virtual machine product which supports OS/2 as both host and
guest.
There is no such product at all and you know it. There is a "maybe
someday we'll have this product and you'll have to pay up the nose for a
full working copy" but today, there is just another one of Serenity's
failed promises.

Even if SVista/2 comes to completion the cost of hardware to run it is
beyond the scope of 95% of all OS/2 users. The poor performance of a
'virtual OS' within an OS is even more detrimental.

Value: Hot Air and ZILCH.
Post by Bob St.John
When Connectix sold this product, it was over $200. Now .. it
doesn't exist.
No one wanted Connectix which is why it doesn't exist today. THAT
should have been a clue to the eCS Lusers who bought into your
stupidity. Had you undertook a plan to bring a Real Audio Player/2,
WebCam/2, WebPhone/2, Movie Maker/2, Media Player/2, Embellish v3.0,
Colorworks v3.0, or any of hundreds of useful needed applications to the
OS/2 arena, you might scare up a few sales.

You didn't because it was cheaper to string people along with a silly
product like "SVista".

Value: Zilch
Post by Bob St.John
It is inappropriate to bring the multi-platform into an eComStation
pricing because they are separate.
No need to even bring it up other then to use the moment to illegally
promote a failed product. I'll edit it out for my readers.
Post by Bob St.John
But what if a user didn't want all those applications? Well, then the
$139 for eComStation 1.0 ($239 after promotional pricing)
$89 for Upgrade Protection to 1.1 (optional)
$59 for the 1.2 upgrade (optional)
$69 for the Subscription service (optional)
$356 Total ($456 if 1.0 ordered after the promo price expired)
Reminder: for the $356 you cite the buyer ends up with a poor working
problematic operating system that fails to reach the level of OS/2 Warp
4.52 today.

Value: Zilch
Post by Bob St.John
I indicate "optional" because users continued to get access to updates,
fixes, and drivers, even if they remained on 1.0. With SWC or PA, the
user must continually renew to have access.
All are clearly available in a variety of ways for the Warp 4.52 user:
SWC/PA, XNap, Limewire, other OS/2 users.
Post by Bob St.John
The simple truth is that in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, eComStation
has provided a valuable set of options to OS/2 users ...
The honest truth is that eComstation has been a rip-off from day one
providing little more than a problematic poor operating system that few
people want or need.
Post by Bob St.John
that's a long
time and a consistent record of delivering product,
You have continually failed to 'deliver'. You promised eCS v1.2 on June
30th. Today is August 22nd. JUST for this 1.2 version that is 54 days
late. Not one of your two distributors has this product to provide to
any pre-buyer today and there is no date provided by your two
distributors as to when a pre-buyer may actually receive such a product.

eCS v1.0 and v1.1 was months late.

Consistant delivery is a joke despite your glossy claims.
Post by Bob St.John
delivering value,
You've dilvered no value to the eCS Luser, OS/2 user and you've worked
to destroy the OS/2 community.
Post by Bob St.John
protecting customer investment, and being responsive to users. That is a
public record, easy to see.
Yes it is, thousands of complaints posted in newsgroups by just a
handful of eCS Lusers. You've never been able to sell eCS to any
Enterprise customer and have covered that fact by claiming you can't
release the names of your customers.
Post by Bob St.John
eComStation users continue to give it high marks, making it the OS/2
User Poll Commercial Product of the Year.
LOL! Yes, all six of your investors. They HAVE to. They ARE INVESTED
and can't go anywhere else. They either vote for eCS or lose their
investment. Complain publicly and you ban them from your privately
controlled eCS advertising forums. You fudge the votes and can't
provide one iota of truth to back up your facetious polls. You know
what's sad (and quite telling) is the low number of those supposed votes
in favor of eCS. Somehow, amazingly, astonishingly, from out of thin
air, you found more than 200 OS/2 users when every poll taken anywhere
else can barely find 200 OS/2 users.

It's called misnomer marketing, a trick you learned well from Loonytoony
Cheung, you're former partner. The guy who took a hike when the balloon
deflated on eCS.
Post by Bob St.John
And SSI, with OpenOffice.org/2 and SVISTA, continues to invest in
solutions for OS/2 users. Options, choices, value ... sounds OK to me.
You're an idiot but you know that. No one needs or wants either of the
two products noted above but keep believing yourself because you make it
easy for us to ridicule eCS, you and Serenity itself.
Post by Bob St.John
Again, "TM", thank you for a marketing moment.
No no no. THANK YOU for freaking out and responding to my posts with
all your glib marketing crap. You do more harm to eCS sales then your
idiotic German salesmen, Herbutt Rosenau. That poor guy hasn't seen a
sale of eCS in so long he is going berserk stammering in every newsgroup
he can weasle his way into.

I know my work is appreciated when you come in here worried to death
over the truth of my eCS facts.

Now give these kind folks a realistic date for delivery - ACTUAL
delivery - of eCS v1.2.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
David H. McCoy
2004-08-22 23:30:26 UTC
Permalink
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by Bob St.John
When Connectix sold this product, it was over $200. Now .. it
doesn't exist.
No one wanted Connectix which is why it doesn't exist today.
Neither of these statements are true. VirtualPC is now an MS product, so
it does exist. In fact, I'm glad it does because thanks to VirtualPC,
VMWare(the one I use) increased their total VM memory support from 1 gig
to 3.6. And all as a free upgrade from version 4 to version 4.5x.
--
--------------------------------------
David H. McCoy


--------------------------------------
Andy Willis
2004-08-23 00:05:19 UTC
Permalink
Post by David H. McCoy
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by Bob St.John
When Connectix sold this product, it was over $200. Now .. it
doesn't exist.
No one wanted Connectix which is why it doesn't exist today.
Neither of these statements are true. VirtualPC is now an MS product, so
it does exist. In fact, I'm glad it does because thanks to VirtualPC,
VMWare(the one I use) increased their total VM memory support from 1 gig
to 3.6. And all as a free upgrade from version 4 to version 4.5x.
The first applies as there is no longer an OS/2 host version which is
what was referenced.
Andy
--
Warpstock 2004, Denver, Colorado, October 21 - 24, 2004
http://www.warpstock.org Volunteers: please send note to
***@comcast.net
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-22 22:33:58 UTC
Permalink
Post by David H. McCoy
Post by The OS/2 Guy
No one wanted Connectix which is why it doesn't exist today.
Neither of these statements are true. VirtualPC is now an MS product, so
it does exist.
And where would one go to purchase VirtualPC for OS/2?

And even when the product WAS available for the OS/2 platform NO ONE
WANTED the damn thing!

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
piesse
2004-08-23 13:54:29 UTC
Permalink
Post by The OS/2 Guy
And even when the product WAS available for the OS/2 platform NO ONE
WANTED the damn thing!
As far as I remember, Bill Gates wanted it all for himself, and he got it.

piesse
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-23 11:10:04 UTC
Permalink
Post by piesse
Post by The OS/2 Guy
And even when the product WAS available for the OS/2 platform NO ONE
WANTED the damn thing!
As far as I remember, Bill Gates wanted it all for himself, and he got it.
This explains the 'big demand by the OS/2 community' for the similar
product, SVista/2. Obviously a killer app if there ever was one and
certainly more important then a Real Player/2, WebCam/2, Movie Maker/2,
Media Player/2, etc. Hell, who needs such silly little OS/2 native
apps when you can pay an arm/leg for SVista and the hundreds of dollars
needed for additional memory and system hardware? Why, with SVista
you'll be able to run all of the above at a snails pace and hope it all
doesn't crash, a problem eCS is known for.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
USB Guy
2004-08-26 11:51:40 UTC
Permalink
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by piesse
Post by The OS/2 Guy
And even when the product WAS available for the OS/2 platform NO ONE
WANTED the damn thing!
As far as I remember, Bill Gates wanted it all for himself, and he got it.
This explains the 'big demand by the OS/2 community' for the similar
product, SVista/2. Obviously a killer app if there ever was one and
certainly more important then a Real Player/2, WebCam/2, Movie Maker/2,
Media Player/2, etc. Hell, who needs such silly little OS/2 native
apps when you can pay an arm/leg for SVista and the hundreds of dollars
needed for additional memory and system hardware? Why, with SVista
you'll be able to run all of the above at a snails pace and hope it all
doesn't crash, a problem eCS is known for.
Well Svista or its predessesor whioch could only run OS/2/ECS on Windows
is very widly used. As it was developed for the savings banks here in
germany. Who migrated to Windows but had heaps of OS/2 finacial apps.
Which they now can continue to use while being on windows.
Sure VM solutions are not intended for the home market but there is a
large demand in the professional market where HW gets replaced every 2-3
years (leased) and before VM software people actually had 2 PCs&Monitors
one for windows and one for os/2.
Also virtual PC was used/produced for just his reason. I.e. to help
some large accounts like Deutsche Bank move to Windows some thousend
laptops where configured with either OS/2 or Windows as base and VPC
with the other on top. If the user was using mainly OS/2 based apps
and needed just some windows apps those whould run in a seamless window
of the VM. If the other way around the OS/2 apps would run seamless on
the windows desktop. No rebooting just to use this one app like before.
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-26 11:06:11 UTC
Permalink
Post by The OS/2 Guy
This explains the 'big demand by the OS/2 community' for the similar
product, SVista/2.
Do you really expect anyone to believe this? [Shaking head at the
stupidity of someone so desperate he would publicly lie to save his eCS
investment.]

I suppose you have a right to dream but the rest of us are telling you
it's a nightmare, not a dream.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
G. Wayne Hines
2004-08-23 09:34:44 UTC
Permalink
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:14:13 UTC, The OS/2 Guy
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Reminder: Those who bought eCS ended up with a problematic bastardized
version of OS/2 that *to this day* fails to work properly.
No, no, no, Tim! You're confused. You're thinking of the
products sold by your Microsoft masters.

gwh
--
# Ah, but I was so much older then, #
# I'm younger than that now. #
Minnie Bannister
2004-08-22 21:17:13 UTC
Permalink
Are you *sure* "TM" (and his multiple disordered personalities) aren't
on your payroll, manufacturing these 'marketing moments' for you, Bob?

MB


On 08/22/04 09:19 am Bob St.John put fingers to keyboard and launched
Post by Bob St.John
This could have been a worthwhile exercise if someone did it properly.
However, "TM"'s example has the user buying some products two, or in the
case of SVISTA, three times, to inflate the total. And to help things
along in that direction ... "silly math" enters the picture.
<snip>
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Add in everything together - from Preview ($99) through eCS v1.0
$1,438.00
First $99 + $149 + $300 + $445 = $993
Second, your selection of pricing is FUBAR
$139 for eComStation 1.0 (before GA, Preview was provided at no charge)
$89 for eComStation Upgrade Protection, provided 1.1 Entry and AppPack
$296 for 1.2, 1.2 Application Pack and Subscription Svcs for both
$524 total
Assuming someone could find and buy SWC for 2000=2001, 2002-2003,
2004-2005, that cost would be $540. eComStation is less expensive than
SWC over this period. Feel free to insert other prices, including the
new PA pricing.
eComStation pricing is comparable to IBM. But consider that the user who
puchased eComStation at 1.0 at $139 could have stopped there and still
received all the software that iBM made available on SWC and DDPak
online over the next five years at no additional cost.
That same $139 expenditure entitled the user to HOBLink ($200),
StarOffice, LotusSmart Suite ($180), a lot of other good software.
And, since the Application Pack 1.2 was included in "TM" pricing, keep
in mind that SSI provided OS/2 users with OpenOffice.org/2, not IBM. And
SVISTA/2, a virtual machine product which supports OS/2 as both host and
guest. When Connectix sold this product, it was over $200. Now .. it
doesn't exist.
It is inappropriate to bring the multi-platform into an eComStation
pricing because they are separate. However, if one wanted a Linux host,
VMWare has one for $199. Want a Windows host?, another $199. Want OS/2
support as a guest on those? Not available. Want OS/2 or FreeBSD hosts?
Not available. So, the SVISTA multi-platform, at GA, will be a special
value, but not part of eComStation.
But what if a user didn't want all those applications? Well, then the
$139 for eComStation 1.0 ($239 after promotional pricing)
$89 for Upgrade Protection to 1.1 (optional)
$59 for the 1.2 upgrade (optional)
$69 for the Subscription service (optional)
$356 Total ($456 if 1.0 ordered after the promo price expired)
I indicate "optional" because users continued to get access to updates,
fixes, and drivers, even if they remained on 1.0. With SWC or PA, the
user must continually renew to have access.
The simple truth is that in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, eComStation
has provided a valuable set of options to OS/2 users ... that's a long
time and a consistent record of delivering product, delivering value,
protecting customer investment, and being responsive to users. That is a
public record, easy to see.
eComStation users continue to give it high marks, making it the OS/2
User Poll Commercial Product of the Year.
And SSI, with OpenOffice.org/2 and SVISTA, continues to invest in
solutions for OS/2 users. Options, choices, value ... sounds OK to me.
Again, "TM", thank you for a marketing moment.
Bob St.John
2004-08-22 22:28:10 UTC
Permalink
Post by Minnie Bannister
Are you *sure* "TM" (and his multiple disordered personalities) aren't
on your payroll, manufacturing these 'marketing moments' for you, Bob?
MB
Amazing, isn't it? And "Ed" is moving right up there, too.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International
Mark Dodel
2004-08-23 20:45:26 UTC
Permalink
f/u set to comp.os.os2.advocacy

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:28:10 UTC, "Bob St.John"
<***@Augustmail.com> wrote:

-> Minnie Bannister wrote:
-> > Are you *sure* "TM" (and his multiple disordered personalities) aren't
-> > on your payroll, manufacturing these 'marketing moments' for you, Bob?
-> >
-> > MB
->
->
-> Amazing, isn't it? And "Ed" is moving right up there, too.
->

Yes, and they reach a fevered pitch, foaming at the mouth every time
eCS is ready to release a new version. Do you pay them a bonus?

Anyway can't wait to see all the great new plans for eCS and SVISTA at
Warpstock.


Mark
--
From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

http://www.os2voice.org
Warpstock 2004, Denver, Colorado; October 21-24th -
http://www.warpstock.org
MMI
2004-08-23 21:25:42 UTC
Permalink
Post by Mark Dodel
f/u set to comp.os.os2.advocacy
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:28:10 UTC, "Bob St.John"
-> > Are you *sure* "TM" (and his multiple disordered personalities) aren't
-> > on your payroll, manufacturing these 'marketing moments' for you, Bob?
-> >
-> > MB
->
->
-> Amazing, isn't it? And "Ed" is moving right up there, too.
->
Yes, and they reach a fevered pitch, foaming at the mouth every time
eCS is ready to release a new version. Do you pay them a bonus?
Anyway can't wait to see all the great new plans for eCS and SVISTA at
Warpstock.
Mark
I hope they get Solaris 8 x86 working under SVISTA/2 - at our Czech
Warpstock 2004 I gave a Solaris boot CD to the part of their German DEV
team to test it.

Cheers,
Martin
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-23 23:21:13 UTC
Permalink
Post by Mark Dodel
f/u set to comp.os.os2.advocacy
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:28:10 UTC, "Bob St.John"
-> > Are you *sure* "TM" (and his multiple disordered personalities)
aren't -> > on your payroll, manufacturing these 'marketing moments' for
you, Bob? -> >
-> > MB
->
->
-> Amazing, isn't it? And "Ed" is moving right up there, too. ->
Yes, and they reach a fevered pitch, foaming at the mouth every time eCS
is ready to release a new version. Do you pay them a bonus?
Anyway can't wait to see all the great new plans for eCS and SVISTA at
Warpstock.
Well if you ecs shills and trolls would take your whining and lies to the
ecs newsgroup - no one would care what you do. However, you characters
refuse to get out of the OS newsgroups.
Post by Mark Dodel
Mark
Minnie Bannister
2004-08-23 21:53:53 UTC
Permalink
I thought "Ed" *was* one of TM's multiple disordered personalities.

MB


On 08/22/04 06:28 pm Bob St.John put fingers to keyboard and launched
Post by Bob St.John
Post by Minnie Bannister
Are you *sure* "TM" (and his multiple disordered personalities) aren't
on your payroll, manufacturing these 'marketing moments' for you, Bob?
Amazing, isn't it? And "Ed" is moving right up there, too.
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-23 23:21:13 UTC
Permalink
Post by Minnie Bannister
I thought "Ed" *was* one of TM's multiple disordered personalities.
Thanks for once again proving the ecs shill, trolls and users are
something less then bright.
Post by Minnie Bannister
MB
On 08/22/04 06:28 pm Bob St.John put fingers to keyboard and launched
Post by Bob St.John
Post by Minnie Bannister
Are you *sure* "TM" (and his multiple disordered personalities) aren't
on your payroll, manufacturing these 'marketing moments' for you, Bob?
Amazing, isn't it? And "Ed" is moving right up there, too.
Mark Dodel
2004-08-24 00:07:57 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:53:53 UTC, Minnie Bannister
<***@NottheBBC.org> wrote:

->
-> I thought "Ed" *was* one of TM's multiple disordered personalities.
->

Ed's a nutball of his own making. Amazing how none of them has
anything of value to add to these groups, but they claim to be the one
and only true followers, yet their lunacy promotes the m$ line.

None of this crap belongs in comp.os.os2.apps or marketplace, and its
debatable if it belongs in misc. Followup set to comp.os.os2.advocacy

Mark
--
From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

http://www.os2voice.org
Warpstock 2004, Denver, Colorado; October 21-24th -
http://www.warpstock.org
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-23 21:49:54 UTC
Permalink
Post by Mark Dodel
None of this crap belongs in comp.os.os2.apps or marketplace, and its
debatable if it belongs in misc.
Better re-read that subject line "Dodie". We're talking about the
overpriced real cost of the missing eCS v1.2. BTW, have you received
your copy yet "Dodie" or have you bypassed v1.2 just as you bypassed
earlier versions?
Post by Mark Dodel
Followup set to comp.os.os2.advocacy
Followups corrected. "Dodie" has no power or control here. He is
little more than an eCS Shill pontificating here.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-24 04:54:13 UTC
Permalink
Post by Mark Dodel
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:53:53 UTC, Minnie Bannister
->
-> I thought "Ed" *was* one of TM's multiple disordered personalities. ->
Ed's a nutball of his own making.
Translation: I nailed you and your nonsense for what it is -- and you
don't have a rational response.

Now take you and your ecs bullshit to the ecs news groups and don't come
back here, unless you have something to say about OS2 from IBM.


Amazing how none of them has anything
Post by Mark Dodel
of value to add to these groups, but they claim to be the one and only
true followers, yet their lunacy promotes the m$ line.
BTW asshole, I use OS2 from IBM. I belong here. You don't.
Post by Mark Dodel
None of this crap belongs in comp.os.os2.apps or marketplace, and its
debatable if it belongs in misc. Followup set to comp.os.os2.advocacy
Mark
G. Wayne Hines
2004-08-24 09:49:56 UTC
Permalink
Post by l***@nospam.net
BTW asshole, I use OS2 from IBM. I belong here. You don't.
IF, and it's a big IF, you do actually use OS/2, where did you
get it? Did you pay for it, or just download it and start
using it as promoted by your twin idiot, Tim? It's obvious you
don't actually support OS/2, or its software creators, because
you're too cheap to register and pay for your mail/news
program. How long past the expiry date have you been using
that program?

gwh
--
# Ah, but I was so much older then, #
# I'm younger than that now. #
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-24 13:35:59 UTC
Permalink
Post by l***@nospam.net
BTW asshole, I use OS2 from IBM. I belong here. You don't.
IF, and it's a big IF, you do actually use OS/2, where did you get it?
Did you pay for it, or just download it and start using it as promoted
by your twin idiot, Tim? It's obvious you don't actually support OS/2, or
its software creators, because you're too cheap to register and pay for
your mail/news
program. How long past the expiry date have you been using
that program?
Were you born a stupid shit hines, or do you come here to work on it? --
I bought my copy of OS2 from IBM. -- I know you ecs shills say that can't
be done, so it represents brain power that is beyond your comprehension,
but hey if you listen long enough you might stop being an internet asshole
and ecs troll.

PS: But you know all this, since we've been over it in the past -- you
however, think you're being smart by bringing it up again -- when in fact
you just make an asshole out of yourself over and over and over...

Are you ever going to learn whinny wayne? You don't show any improvement
in the brains department. -- Work on that.
gwh
G. Wayne Hines
2004-08-25 09:43:54 UTC
Permalink
Post by l***@nospam.net
Post by l***@nospam.net
BTW asshole, I use OS2 from IBM. I belong here. You don't.
IF, and it's a big IF, you do actually use OS/2, where did you get it?
Did you pay for it, or just download it and start using it as promoted
by your twin idiot, Tim? It's obvious you don't actually support OS/2, or
its software creators, because you're too cheap to register and pay for
your mail/news
program. How long past the expiry date have you been using
that program?
I bought my copy of OS2 from IBM.
Prove it!

You say you bought it, and that may be so. But, how many years
ago was that? What have you done recently to support OS/2 and
its software authors? How many years have you been stealing
MR/2? You can spout your usual bullshit all you want, but that
doesn't make you right.

gwh
--
# Ah, but I was so much older then, #
# I'm younger than that now. #
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-25 11:10:12 UTC
Permalink
Post by G. Wayne Hines
Post by l***@nospam.net
Post by l***@nospam.net
BTW asshole, I use OS2 from IBM. I belong here. You don't.
IF, and it's a big IF, you do actually use OS/2, where did you get it?
Did you pay for it, or just download it and start using it as promoted
by your twin idiot, Tim? It's obvious you don't actually support OS/2, or
its software creators, because you're too cheap to register and pay for
your mail/news
program. How long past the expiry date have you been using
that program?
I bought my copy of OS2 from IBM.
Prove it!
You say you bought it, and that may be so. But, how many years ago was
that? What have you done recently to support OS/2 and its software
authors? How many years have you been stealing MR/2? You can spout your
usual bullshit all you want, but that doesn't make you right.
But I am right. On OS2; I can send my IBM invoice for OS2. -- You pay
me $500 (US) for proving it and a copy is yours. -- I also have a
registered copy of MR2.

We've been over all this in the past whinny wayne. Nothing is changed.
You still lose. -- Maybe you could spend some thing this year thinking
about growing up.

PS: Shrinks have pills to help assholes like you get over being angry at
hearing truths you don't like. See one today. -- Its better then
starting the winter drinking this early in the year.
Post by G. Wayne Hines
gwh
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-23 21:46:12 UTC
Permalink
Post by Minnie Bannister
I thought "Ed" *was* one of TM's multiple disordered personalities.
MB
And we thought "Minnie" was just that little thing between Mickey's
legs. Silly us! :-)

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-22 22:35:24 UTC
Permalink
Post by Minnie Bannister
Are you *sure* "TM" (and his multiple disordered personalities) aren't
on your payroll, manufacturing these 'marketing moments' for you, Bob?
MB
I notice "MB" that you haven't plopped down your $296 for eCS v1.2.
What are YOU waiting for?

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
John Bilbro
2004-08-28 21:51:31 UTC
Permalink
Bob, Let me address this question to you. I am interested in upgrading
from Warp 4 to ECS 1.2, but BMT is not clear as to whether or not:
1) a CD is included in the upgrade order and
2) if the discount for ordering ECS 1.2 and the "subscription" applies
when getting the upgrade version.
Also I noticed that the URL for order includes a suggestion that this
is a "preorder" sales. Do they actually have the product?
I am a "snowbird" and do not want the product to arrive up "North"
when I am down "South". Will I be able to download updates no matter
where my current location is? (ie email address changes)
Thanks. Later. JB


-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-28 19:34:49 UTC
Permalink
Post by John Bilbro
Bob, Let me address this question to you. I am interested in upgrading
1) a CD is included in the upgrade order and
2) if the discount for ordering ECS 1.2 and the "subscription" applies
when getting the upgrade version.
Also I noticed that the URL for order includes a suggestion that this
is a "preorder" sales. Do they actually have the product?
I am a "snowbird" and do not want the product to arrive up "North"
when I am down "South". Will I be able to download updates no matter
where my current location is? (ie email address changes)
Thanks. Later. JB
JB, your post is off topic for the OS/2 newsgroups. You need to take
yourself to the eCS newsgroups.
Post by John Bilbro
-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
And JB, ***@newsfeeds.com does have an 'abuse' policy. Have you read it?

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
Bob St.John
2004-08-29 03:41:02 UTC
Permalink
Post by John Bilbro
Bob, Let me address this question to you. I am interested in upgrading
1) a CD is included in the upgrade order and
Two CDs.
Post by John Bilbro
2) if the discount for ordering ECS 1.2 and the "subscription" applies
when getting the upgrade version.
It does. The discount is only dependent on being part of the same
transaction as the related product; eComStation or Application Pack.
Post by John Bilbro
Also I noticed that the URL for order includes a suggestion that this
is a "preorder" sales. Do they actually have the product?
No. They could provide a downloadable version, available now. But I
don't believe they do. They will likely have inventory next week, or the
order may be shipped directly by the distributor, Mensys.
Post by John Bilbro
I am a "snowbird" and do not want the product to arrive up "North"
when I am down "South". Will I be able to download updates no matter
where my current location is? (ie email address changes)
I can't comment without knowing your date of departure, but I don't
expect there will be any delay.

When you get your registration key, you can register on the web site and
receive updates from the website. The updates would not be dependent on
a specific email id.
Post by John Bilbro
Thanks. Later. JB
Thanks for your interest.

Regards,
Bob St.John
Serenity Systems International

Andy Willis
2004-08-22 22:50:28 UTC
Permalink
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Here's what "The Boob" and his Mensys shill are selling eCS v1.2 for.
These prices are taken directly from Mensys. It 'appears" (but not made
clear) the purchase of the Upgrade application package will entitle the
buyer to participate in the beta testing of SVista. Upon reaching an
SVista GA, the buyer will be required to pay an additional $50 for the
single host SVista version. To run other two operating systems under
SVista you will have to pay an additional ($99 as well as purchase those
Upgrade eCS v1.2 from v1.1 - $ 59.00
Upgrade application package - $99
Subscription for v1.2 - $69
Subscription for application package - $69
Total cost to the eCS Luser who has already paid over $300 for the
$296
Include the GA cost for SVista ($50): $346
Add the GA cost for multiple SVista platforms ($99): $445
Add in everything together - from Preview ($99) through eCS v1.0 ($149),
$1,438.00
This figure does not include shipping, handling and "stocking" fees.
If you are so stupid to pay this kind of money for a bastardized version
of Warp 4.52 then you truly are an eCS Luser.
As was already pointed not only can you not add (and apparently can't
use a calculator either) but your calculations are skewed. If you
bought the eCS 1.0 preview that bought you eCS 1.0 so one or the other
cost has to be dropped. The subsciptions are not required so anyone
buying them must feel they offer something they need. The application
package includes svista for eCS\OS/2 thus that cost is out of it. The
mulitple package is only needed if you run on a system other than
eCS\OS/2 thus cannot be realistically added to the cost of eCS (caveat:
if you were going to run eCS under linux\bsd\etc. you could add the
cost but that is more like a hardware cost in reality thus if you bought
a new machine to run eCS on then you could always add that cost and
really skew things).
Cost breakdown:
without subscriptions:
eCS\application pak: $158 (this includes svista and OpenOffice which
would cost ~$100 on their own).
With subscription: $296
TCC:
149+89+296=534
This assumes that you did not take advantage of the preview price, that
you did buy the upgrade protection and now the subscription -- I may be
misremembering the price on upgrade protection possibly only $69). I
did buy upgrade but may not buy subscriptions so my total price in that
case would be $396 though the more you point out the incredible deal
that serenity offers I may have to buy the subscriptions too.
I believe however, that someone probably should report Tim Martin as he
really should not be advertising for Serenity in these newsgroups this way.
Andy
A true OS/2 user and happy Serenity customer
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-22 22:40:14 UTC
Permalink
Post by Andy Willis
I believe however, that someone probably should report Tim Martin as he
really should not be advertising for Serenity in these newsgroups this way.
Actually Andy, I look forward to your eCS purchase and prod you into
doing so today. The quicker you buy the faster we can all laugh at your
confirmed stupidity. You entered these newsgroups with no 'light in the
attic' and we'd all be disappointed to think of you any differently today.

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
Andy Willis
2004-08-23 01:51:43 UTC
Permalink
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by Andy Willis
I believe however, that someone probably should report Tim Martin as
he really should not be advertising for Serenity in these newsgroups
this way.
Actually Andy, I look forward to your eCS purchase and prod you into
doing so today. The quicker you buy the faster we can all laugh at your
confirmed stupidity. You entered these newsgroups with no 'light in the
attic' and we'd all be disappointed to think of you any differently today.
That is rather amusing coming from someone that has as many problems as
you do with simple addition. Maybe you should consider taking a
remedial arithmetic class.
Andy
A true OS/2 user and happy Serenity customer.
--
Warpstock 2004, Denver, Colorado, October 21 - 24, 2004
http://www.warpstock.org Volunteers: please send note to
***@comcast.net
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-23 00:28:40 UTC
Permalink
Post by Andy Willis
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by Andy Willis
I believe however, that someone probably should report Tim Martin as
he really should not be advertising for Serenity in these newsgroups
this way.
Actually Andy, I look forward to your eCS purchase and prod you into
doing so today. The quicker you buy the faster we can all laugh at
your confirmed stupidity. You entered these newsgroups with no 'light
in the attic' and we'd all be disappointed to think of you any
differently today.
That is rather amusing coming from someone that has as many problems as
you do with simple addition. Maybe you should consider taking a
remedial arithmetic class.
The firgures have been confirmed by "The Boob" himself. Here, let me
repeat the exchange between "the Boob" and an eCS Luser who sat in
amazement at the exchange. Please note the second exchange. That's the
killer:

"Let me see....do I have this right, Bob?

upgrade from 1.1 -- $59 (Bob: yes)
upgrade from app pk $99 (not a full version of SVista only the host, I
think)(Bob: The "host" is OS/2. What is true is that the Application
Pack does not include the support for the other hosting platforms,
Windows,Linux, and FreeBSD. )
subscription for 1.2 $69 at time of purchase of 1.2 (Bob: correct)
subscription for app pk $69 at time of purchase of app pk (Bob: Correct.)

So that's $296?? (Bob points to Mensys)"

'Bob, that isn't what you promised us when you started promoting 1.2.
You said those of us with previous versions would receive a substantial
savings on the 1.2 upgrade. "Substantial" would have been something in
the $100 ballpark for the full upgrade package. Now you hand us a $300
surprise. You did the same thing with v1.1 and the Preview. I'm stuck
between a rock and a hardplace because I can't go anywhere else without
losing everything I've invested. I can't afford the the $296 upgrade
price. Well, I can afford it, I just don't feel it is worth it. If you
can't come down on that price I'll consider unloading my eCS and moving
to Mandrake because I can't stand the idea of being forced off to
Microsoft.'

Obviously Andy, as a desperate eCS Investor now feeling the big fat hand
of "The Boob" in your back pocket, you *like* the feel of an old man's
hands on your ass. You prove that with your willingness lie and fudge
the truth to the potential eCS customer. I thank you. You add
credibility to the claim that eCS is a SCAM schlepped by gutter-cons.

And I'll repeat my excitement over your expected $296 eCS purchase and
urge you, tonight, to contact Roddy at Mensys. He says eCS v1.2 is
being downloaded this very minute by the only phantom eCS Luser
privileged to do so. Like the evasive and stealth eCS Enterprise
customer - Roddy is unable to reveal the name of the downloader and the
downloader hasn't trumpeted his success in any of the eCS private or
public forums but hey, he's probably fearful of that evil Microsoft who
will target their eCS operated computer and work to destroy the
eComstation fantasy world you six eCS Lusers live in. :-)

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
Fritz Schori
2004-08-23 20:02:45 UTC
Permalink
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:28:40 UTC, The OS/2 Guy <***@GMail.com>
wrote:

Hi tim,
Post by The OS/2 Guy
'Bob, that isn't what you promised us when you started promoting 1.2.
You said those of us with previous versions would receive a substantial
savings on the 1.2 upgrade. "Substantial" would have been something in
the $100 ballpark for the full upgrade package. Now you hand us a $300
surprise. You did the same thing with v1.1 and the Preview.
I'm stuck
between a rock and a hardplace because I can't go anywhere else without
losing everything I've invested.
This means, that you have ECs 1.0 and ECS 1.1 AND the Application
Package !!
Post by The OS/2 Guy
I can't afford the the $296 upgrade
price.
This means that you WOULD like to have ECS 1.2
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Well, I can afford it, I just don't feel it is worth it.
Then let it bee.
Post by The OS/2 Guy
If you
can't come down on that price I'll consider unloading my eCS
This means, tha you installed ECS and it works !!



Fritz
--
Fluchen ist die einzige Sprache, die alle Programmierer beherrschen.
http://www.os2force.ch
Dieser Rechner läuft seit 2 day, 10 hour, 51 min, 32 sec
l***@nospam.net
2004-08-23 14:57:54 UTC
Permalink
Post by Andy Willis
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Post by Andy Willis
I believe however, that someone probably should report Tim Martin as
he really should not be advertising for Serenity in these newsgroups
this way.
Actually Andy, I look forward to your eCS purchase and prod you into
doing so today. The quicker you buy the faster we can all laugh at your
confirmed stupidity. You entered these newsgroups with no 'light in the
attic' and we'd all be disappointed to think of you any differently today.
That is rather amusing coming from someone that has as many problems as
you do with simple addition. Maybe you should consider taking a
remedial arithmetic class.
Andy
A true OS/2 user and happy Serenity customer.
ecs is not the same thing as OS2 form IBM. Now take your shilling out of
here. There is a ecs news group -- that is where you belong.
G. Wayne Hines
2004-08-23 09:48:15 UTC
Permalink
On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:40:14 UTC, The OS/2 Guy
Post by The OS/2 Guy
Actually Andy, I look forward to your eCS purchase
Hey, Tim:

Do you suppose you could borrow a calculator that works from
Bill Gates and work out the cost of "upgrading" your beloved
Windows software from the time OS/2 Warp 4 was available? How
many thousands of dollars would it have taken to do that?

gwh
--
# Ah, but I was so much older then, #
# I'm younger than that now. #
The OS/2 Guy
2004-08-23 21:45:05 UTC
Permalink
Post by Mark Dodel
Yes, and they reach a fevered pitch, foaming at the mouth every time
eCS is ready to release a new version. Do you pay them a bonus?
The fever pitch comes from the eCS Luser, pissed off that he's been lied
to again. BTW Mark, do you have your $296 eCS package or have you, like
so many others, have opted to pass it by (again)?

Tim Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
email: ***@Gmail.com
Loading...